If you don't hire professional cleaners at your workplace, and you don't employ an in house cleaner, who does the cleaning? As the business owner, do you do it yourself or do have your own employees to clean up?
Whatever your arrangements, it can be an overwhelming task, especially if you have a large area to clean. Being organised and methodical enables you to spend quality time cleaning thoroughly and correctly.
Here are some Elite tips to help you save time on your office cleaning.
1. Draw up a specification of daily, weekly and monthly tasks. This makes cleaning of an area large or small more manageable and less stressful. Knowing what you have to clean and when makes things much easier.
2. Don't let just one person have full responsibility for cleaning. Delegate certain areas to individual people, this ensures best results and is fair all round. You can even make a rota so each person in the building takes a turn.
3. If you have a workplace over more than one level, provide cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops/buckets on each level for convenience. Stock kitchen/toilet cupboards with the essentials, multi purpose cleaner, polish, toilet cleaner, coloured cloths, soap, toilet rolls and paper hand towels.
4. A bucket or a trug filled with cleaning supplies makes it easy to have everything at hand, you don't want to waste time going to and fro the cleaning cupboard if you've forgotten something. Just carry it all with you. I even tie my cleaning cloth to my spray bottle for extra speed.
5. Where applicable, always load the dishwasher first. When cleaning is finished the dishwasher is ready to unload. If there isn't one, make certain that your staff are responsible for cleaning their cups and dishes after use. This is a simple task, often overlooked but when left to build up can take so much time to wash up.
6. Place a few bin liners at the bottom of your bin, this is excellent for quick and easy replacement. Just remember to replenish once you've used them all.
7. Dust before you vacuum. Doing it the other way around makes more mess and you have to vacuum again if you have a messy, dusty desk. You can also implement a clean desk policy. Getting everyone to organise their desk at the end of the week makes it so much easier and quicker to clean.
We hope these simple yet effective tips are of some use to you.
Of course you could always engage the services of a cleaning company to do everything for you. You don't have to have daily office cleaning. It can be once, twice or three times a week.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions www.elitecleaners2008.co.uk
Written by Julia Poole